High Voltage Reed Relays
GÜNTHER® High Voltage Reed Relay technology is based upon our extensive experience in the design and manufacture of Reed Switches and Reed Relays.
GÜNTHER® High Voltage Reed Relays have outstanding performance characteristics in insulation resistance and stand-off voltage. The high dielectric stand-off voltage between the open contacts as well as the high switching voltage are achieved by using high vacuum Reed Switches. A proven assembly and potting technique assures the following relay characteristics:
- Stand-off voltage across open contacts from 3 kV up to 14 kV max.
- Stand-off voltage between coil and contact from 10 kV up to 25 kV max.
- Switching voltage from 1.5 kV up to 10 kV max.
GÜNTHER® High Voltage Reed Relays are offered in a variety of contact configurations:
- 1 N.O., 2 N.O. or 4 N.O. contacts (normally open contacts)
- 1 N.C. (normally closed contact)
- 1 N.C. / 1 N.O. (1 normally closed contact/ 1 normally open contact)
GÜNTHER® High Voltage Reed Relays offer mounting flexibility enabling the customer to match different application requirements:
- Coil and Reed Switch connecting pins in the base plate for PCB mounting.
- Coil connecting pins in the base plate for PCB mounting and Reed Switch connections with cable.
- Coil connecting pins in the base plate for PCB mounting and Reed Switch connecting pins on top of the relay.
GÜNTHER® High Voltage Reed Relays have additional features:
- Immunity against harsh environmental conditions (eg. high humidity) by using hermetically sealed switching contacts potted in a strong plastic case.
- High shock and vibration resistance.
- Low contact capacitance and high switching frequency in comparison with electromechanical, open relay contacts.
- Washable and resistant to standard automatic cleaning methods.
GÜNTHER® High Voltage Reed Relays find application in many areas of the electrotechnical and electronic industry:
- Electronic medical equipment
- Cable tester arrays and cable test equipment
- Copy machines
- Laser optical systems and infra-red equipment
- Test equipment